Updated On: 31 October, 2025 04:25 PM IST | Mumbai | mid-day online correspondent
Dada Bhuse said Arya’s company, Apsara Entertainment Network, was involved in the Swachhta Monitor initiative and had collected money from schools for participation

Maharashtra School Education Minister Dada Bhuse. File Pic
Maharashtra School Education Minister Dada Bhuse on Friday said he has sought a detailed report on the work carried out by hostage-taker Rohit Arya with the education department.
According to the news agency PTI, Arya (50) was shot dead on Thursday after he allegedly took 17 children and two adults hostage inside R A Studio in Powai. The children, aged between 10 and 12, had been called for an audition for a web series that had been ongoing for six days. Police rescued all hostages after a three-hour standoff, during which Arya sustained a fatal bullet injury.