Home / Mumbai / Mumbai Crime News / Article / Hit-and-run: Driver acquitted as police present evidence-less case

Hit-and-run: Driver acquitted as police present evidence-less case

Rajendra Bhandare, who was held for a hit-and-run death, says the court found glaring holes in the investigation by the Azad Maidan cops

Listen to this article :
Rajendra Bhandare with his advocate Sunil Pandey on Tuesday

Rajendra Bhandare with his advocate Sunil Pandey on Tuesday

Rajendra Bhandare’s life was upended in 2016 when he was arrested over a hit-and-run death. The Matunga resident walked out of jail after a few days, but life wasn’t easy all these years. Last week, the Esplanade court acquitted the 39-year-old driver, pointing to glaring holes in the case registered by Azad Maidan police. The court said there wasn’t a single witness who had seen the accident. 

Bhandare, who worked for a travel company, was taken into custody in December 2016. The police said they found the body of a man in Azad Maidan and took it to GT hospital. Doctors said he had died of injuries after an accident or somebody had run over a vehicle on him.

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement