Updated On: 19 July, 2025 07:47 AM IST | Damascus | Agencies
Overnight clashes have resumed between Druze armed groups and Bedouin clans in southern Syria’s Sweida province, days after a ceasefire had halted earlier violence. Government forces, who had withdrawn under the truce, are preparing to return to the area to restore order and safeguard institutions, Syrian officials said on Friday.

Bedouin residents dismantling their camp on Thursday. Pics/AFP
Renewed clashes broke out overnight between Druze armed groups and members of Bedouin clans in southern Syria, and government forces were preparing to deploy again to the area Friday after pulling out under a ceasefire agreement that halted several days of violence earlier this week, officials said.
Government security forces agreed with some of the Druze factions that they would re-enter the area to impose stability and protect state institutions, according to two Syrian officials who spoke Friday on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to speak publicly.
Bedouin residents leave with their dog running alongside