Home / Sports / Other Sports / Article / Bopanna-Shapovalov make Round One exit in USA

Bopanna-Shapovalov make Round One exit in USA

Overall, satisfied with the start nevertheless. We will be practising for the next few days for the US Open," he said. The US Open starts August 31 in New York.

Listen to this article :
Rohan Bopanna

Rohan Bopanna

Back in action after five months, Rohan Bopanna and his Canadian partner Denis Shapovalov lost in the opening round of the Western and Southern Open men's doubles event but not before making it as tough as possible for Marcel Granollers and Horacio Zeballos here. Bopanna and Shapovalov lost 4-6 6-7(1) to 2019 US Open runners-ups in the first round match of the USD 42,22,190 hard court tournament, which is a build-up to the US Open.

It was the first competitive match for Bopanna since the Davis Cup tie against Croatia in March, along side veteran Leander Paes. Bopanna has been pairing with Shapovalov consistently since the Indian Wells Masters last year, which he had started by pairing with compatriot with Divij Sharan. "It was indeed a very close match. I am very satisfied, to be honest, with the way we played, especially after five months, coming straight into a tournament. (We were) playing against a very good team out there," Bopanna told PTI.

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement