Home / Sports / Other Sports / Article / George Russell says he won't change approach to Max Verstappen after F1 feud

George Russell says he won't change approach to Max Verstappen after F1 feud

"I do think there's merit in saying there is no need to swear in an environment like this," Russell said, sitting alongside new Italian teammate Andrea Kimi Antonelli

Listen to this article :
George Russell. Pic/AFP

George Russell. Pic/AFP

George Russell says he won't follow Lando Norris by changing his approach to Formula 1 champion Max Verstappen following a feud last season. Russell accused Verstappen of bullying in November and claimed the Dutch driver had threatened to crash into him deliberately. The rift began with a dispute over a penalty in qualifying which cost the world champion pole position. McLaren's Norris said last week he'll drive with his "elbows out" when racing Verstappen in 2025 after controversial on-track battles between the title rivals last season.

"We haven't spoken (with Verstappen since last year), no concerns about him or his driving or anything. That happened last year and I want to focus on myself," Russell said Tuesday ahead of F1's season launch event in London. "Obviously things, I felt, got out of line at the end of last year and I made it pretty clear that I'm not going to take it. But now it's 2025 and I'm focused on the job and the job is to win, so I'm not going to change my approach fighting him, fighting any other drivers. The goal is the same."

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement